Ho Chi Minh City Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Ho Chi Minh City Urban Adventures will not only take you amongst the sights, sounds and smells of Ho Chi Minh City, but will also show you the daily life of the nearby Mekong delta areas on uniquely designed Ho Chi Minh City tours.
Most of the city life takes place on the streets which are lined with shops, stalls, and vendors, their wares spread out on the footpath, selling everything from soup to sophisticated electronics! French influence is evident in the excellent baguettes and coffee. Taking one of our Ho Chi Minh tours shows you a different side to the city than what you'll find on most package tours. Discover the real Ho Chi Minh with Ho Chi Minh City Urban Adventures.
Most of the city life takes place on the streets which are lined with shops, stalls, and vendors, their wares spread out on the footpath, selling everything from soup to sophisticated electronics! French influence is evident in the excellent baguettes and coffee.
Taking one of our Ho Chi Minh tours shows you a different side to the city than what you'll find on most package tours. Discover the real Ho Chi Minh with Ho Chi Minh City Urban Adventures.
from 30 reviews
From USD 59.00
Ever wonder how all the people of Vietnam get fed? Journey to the Mekong Delta area to see the agricultural heartland of Vietnam on this tour. Boat down the Mekong, visit a bee farm, row a sampan down a canal, snack on tropical fruit, and see how the people live outside of Ho Chi Minh City.more...
Ho Chi Minh Discovery
from 11 reviews
From USD 49.00
Got a spare day in Ho Chi Minh City up your sleeve? Fill it with this full day tour that covers a lot of ground. Museums, markets, monuments, and the every day mayhem of the busy city streets all converge on this Urban Adventure.more...
Cyclos & Markets
from 9 reviews
From USD 25.00
Heard of the slow food movement? Try the slow tour movement! Travel Ho Chi Minh City and minimise your carbon emissions on this city tour that trades in cars and tour buses for the humble cyclo.more...
Cu Chi Experience
from 23 reviews
From USD 43.00
Good Morning Vietnam! Start the day the right way - with an up close and personal history lesson on guerilla warfare. Climb into the underground tunnel system that played a crucial part in the war and imagine what it would have been like to eat, sleep, work, cook... even go to school underground as a conflict raged above.more...
Cu Chi Tunnels - Private Tour From USD 132.00
Good Morning Vietnam! Start the day the right way - with an up close and personal history lesson on guerilla warfare. Climb into the underground tunnel system that played a crucial part in the war and imagine what it would have been like to eat, sleep, work, cook... even go to school underground as a conflict raged above.
This tour is identical to our Cu Chi Experience tour, except this is a private tour. If you prefer to do this trip as part of a regular group, please book on to our Cu Chi Experience Tour. To book this as a private tour, please select one (1) adult for your booking. In the "Additional Request" box on the following page, please let us know your group size and any other relevant information. You can have up to 12 people in your private group.
If you are on the road and want to book a trip for today or tomorrow - call Ho Chi Minh City Urban Adventures on +84 (0) 909 904 100 to check availability and book straight away. Late bookings made online may not be confirmed without a confirmation call to the number above.more...
Saigon Street Food by Night
from 3 reviews
From USD 34.00
Saigon. A true culinary master. Legend, in fact. Get right down to the soul of this beast of a food city and spend three hours eating like a local. It may seem like non-stop culinary decadence because that’s just what it is. And you’re gonna love it.more...
Liberation Day in HCM City
Place: Ho Chi Minh City - [ 30/04/2015 ]
Organised on the 30th April every year, Liberation day is one of the biggest events in Ho Chi Minh City.Mid Autumn Festival HCM
Place: Ho Chi Minh City - [ 22/09/2015 ]
The Mid Autumn Festival is the most exciting festival in Vietnam. It is held in the mid August lunar Calendar and it is known as a festival for Kids with a number of exciting activities.Tet Festival of the Kinh HCM
Place: Ho Chi Minh City - [ 15/01/2016 - 15/02/2016 ]
Tet is the biggest and the most sacred festival, and the most attractive to a majority of the Vietnamese.more events...
more... more stories...
13 Mar 2015 Our guide Linda was so informative and so friendly and spoke very good English . She made our trip very enjoyable. I would recommend this tour to anyone.
22 Jan 2015 I have just completed a cycle tour of Vietnam and was highly impressed with the organisation and staff involved. Our guide Danh was fantastic. He was enthusiastic, active, passionate about Vietnam and great fun. Danh's contacts and connections in the places we visited meant that we experienced aspects of Vietnam that we wouldn't have been able to if left to our own devices. There was nothing that was asked of Danh that he didn't fix and we were all most impressed with his efforts to ensure that we enjoyed our trip.
11 Jan 2015 I was very impressed with the enthusiasm and care of the group taken by our guide - Urban Adventure seems to have guides of high quality.
28 Dec 2014 I didn't like the local house experience. I have seen pigs before, nothing special.. Excellent guide
07 Dec 2014 Ms Queenie was amazing! Her enthusiasm and willingness to interact is more than appreciated.
29 Nov 2014 I loved this tour
03 Nov 2014 It was a great trip into the Mekong. Covered some really cool spots including a great lunch location and fun motorbike ride. Would be good to see the floating markets while on this trip, but a good excuse to come back for another trip. Our guide was a really cool young girl and gave some great explanations about the lifestyle in the South. Very friendly
30 Oct 2014 Wonderful experience and Queenie was a great guide and lovely person.
05 Oct 2014 The Mekong River day trip was awesome. Our guide was very knowledgable. The day was action packed always moving and doing something. Definitely a highlight of our stay. Thank you Urban Adventures
28 Sep 2014 Great guide, very knowledgeable!
ahThe Ho Chi Minh City Urban Adventure team are passionate about their city. Each of our Ho Chi Minh City tours will show you different aspects of our country, different corners of its streets, unique insight into our home communities and much more! Come and discover the best of Ho Chi Minh City and its surrounds with our unique Ho Chi Minh City tours.
Dang on tour with some Urban Adventurers
Feels like: 28°C
Passing clouds. Warm.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.